We are delighted to share that our Ahmedabad Waste to Energy campus has been pre-certified as a “IGBC Platinum” campus by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC)
After reviewing the design parameters and innovative approaches adopted on the campus, the IGBC has awarded 99 credit points out of 100. The IGBC pre-certified it with “IGBC Platinum” rating and “Global Leadership” recognition.
Goodwatts WTE Ahmedabad plant is a non- human interface based renewable power plant. It will process around 1000 tons of municipal Solid Waste per day with advanced flue gas cleaning technology.
By generating energy from waste, the plant will reduce GHG emissions of over 4 lac MTCO2eq every year via replacement of coal like fossil fuel. In addition, also preventing open landfilling of waste.
GoodWatts WTE Ahmedabad: Key Highlights
- One of the highest area efficient waste to energy power plants around the globe
- High Green cover of 35% of total site area with > 65% of green area planted with drought tolerant plants
- Plantation density achieved on campus = 2.33 lac plants/Sq. Km (Plantation density for Ahmedabad city = 1300 plants/Sq. Km)
- Rainwater harvesting system covering 100% of run-off volume
- Usage of treated city wastewater for cooling system of power plant
- Efficient plumbing system with 67% water savings in non-process consumption
- Energy efficient fixtures with 34 % energy savings in non-process annual consumption
- On-site renewable power generation catering to 100% non-process power consumption
- Improved indoor environment quality – > 30% enhanced fresh air ventilation, 96% of regularly occupied area > 2% daylight factor
- Avoided use of high – VOC paints, CFC based HVAC system and asbestos to maintain better occupational health
- Enhanced social sustainability through dedicated provisions for community engagement, sports and national event celebrations and green education.
By sustainably generating clean energy from waste, this plant is making a direct contribution to the nation’s “Swachh Bharat Mission” as well as to addressing climate change issues.
The Ahmedabad WTE plant has also been self declared as “Net Positive Energy Building” with respect to the Total Renewable Energy generation against Total Energy Consumption on site.